Sunday, July 11, 2010

You Google? iGoogle!



So, I thought I knew a lot about Google and all it had to offer – boy was I wrong! I’ve used Google to search the web, pictures, scholarly articles, and have used G-mail, Google docs and G-chat. All of these tools have been extremely useful to me in past classes and in everyday life. After taking the Google tutorial I learned that there was a lot more Google had to offer.
I immediately downloaded Google Chrome, Side wiki and set up my iGoogle home page. It’s definitely a lot to take in and get used to, especially during a crazy week at work. I love my iGoogle – my little frogs play during the day and roast marshmallows by the fire at night :). It’s awesome to open my internet explorer and have all of the tops things I normally sort through to be right on one page. It saves me time, which is a HUGE thing and it’s fun to look at.
I’m planning to explore Google Picasa a bit more, along with a lot of the other tools. Picasa seems like its right up my alley – I have hundreds of digital pictures and definitely need a better way to organize and order prints. I've learned a lot about Google this week - but I'm not done yet!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea when I signed up for google I was able to have so much available at my finger tips. I can't wait to explore.:)

    ReplyDelete