Sunday, July 11, 2010

These are a few of my favorite (new) things!

This week was all about exploring new technology for me! Along with learning about all of the great tools Google has to offer, I also created a slide show with Picasion, started a new Wiki with my group, and finally bit the the bullet and registered for Twitter.
I really love creating the slideshow of all of my "digital firsts." It's funny to think that about 6 months ago I had no clue about what most of those things were. When I sat in Dr. Smirnova's class last semester it all seemed like a foriegn language, and now I was the one facilitating my group's project and teaching them how to create a wiki - pretty neat!
I'm a pretty private person so the idea of twittering and blogging never interested in the least bit, but now I can see the advantages they hold in the field of education. I would love to carry a current blog for my class as a teacher. As a parent, I know I would love to be able to log on and read my daughter's teachers' blog about what had been going on in their class that week/day/month.
To sum it all up - I had a good week! My group is working together fabulously, meeting went great (minus some connection problems on my part), and our first major project looks really awesome!
Hope you enjoy my own Picasion creation!! :)

create avatar
Create avatar

1 comment:

  1. Jessica,

    I love the design of your blog. Very sweet and uplifting.
    Regarding your week's summary, I am curious to know what you think some of the challenges may be for using blogs in classrooms. I agree that they seem to hold much promise for helping to create a collaborative and engaging learning environment. I think our commitment to using technology to benefit students will require that we think proactively about some of the challenges that could present themselves as we implement such technology. Therefore I invite you to ponder what you perceive some challenges to be with using wikis in classrooms.

    Sincerely,

    Tara S.

    ReplyDelete