Monday, July 5, 2010

I'm back in the saddle again.... I'm back!

Don't mind the title - I love Aerosmith:)
But, I am back on the saddle - the Grad school one that is! After a nice month off, my first ever summer course and online course at MSMC has begun. It's nice that it's with Dr. Smirnova because I know the kind of quality work she expects, and she has already taught me to be familiar and comfortable with Moodle.
This class should be fun - it's called Literacy and Technology. I'm really interested to learn about more ways to incorporate technology into the classroom on a daily basis.
In the first week we were broken into groups and asked to create a card representing our group. Our group started with four people, then went to five, and then six at the very last minute! Everyone seems really cool and like they'll be willing to work together for the best possible outcome. We came up with a really nice finished product for our first weeks project. We named ourselves the "Lit Tech Sextet," and our motto is "Teaching tomorrow's professionals." We had a nice little meeting via Gtalk before our first WebEx experience on July 1st. I think I'm really going to like WebEx, but for the moment I'm still a little partial to Illuminate.
WebEx was confusing in that the slides Dr. Smirnvoa was showing weren't going along with her lecture. Everyone was also a little confused about how/where to post their group's card, and a lot of people were having microphone troubles. I like the visual aspect of WebEx, and I'm sure that with time it will group on me, and we will all become a little more comfortable with the program.

Plan for next week : Get in touch with my group ASAP, figure out a good time for everyone to meet and discuss the work ahead, try to get google docs going with everyone and read read read!

No comments:

Post a Comment