Wednesday, April 7, 2010

That's Mrs. Fobert to you!



Week of 4/1/10

Well, after a crazy week of flying to Florida and back with a 2 1/2 year old and Grad School work - it was time for my micro-teaching!
I worked through Google Docs - which I love - with Dr. Smirnova to plan a content analysis style review of what we've learned so far this semester. Everyone, including myself, loved the quiz in Power Point last week, so I figured I'd make the review in the same form. It was fun to play around in PP in a new way and create a really unique review tool. I think the same type of project would be awesome for a Jeopardy style review for my future students.
I think my MT went pretty well. I was pretty exhausted from a crazy week, and had to be prompted to remember to do a couple of things. I was surprised by how confident I felt in front of the class - I've never felt that comfortable before peers. I think this class has a great job at making everyone feel free to speak their own opinion and never be afraid to ask a questions. The comfortable atmosphere definitely paid off for me that night :)
I'm thinking that micro-teaching in the classroom might be a great thing for elementary level students. If I planned for 1 student a week to micro-teach it would do awesome things for their confidence and make them feel more comfortable speaking in front of a crowd. I think this is will definitely be incorporated into my classroom.

We worked more on our UP and the standards. I think I'm finally getting the hang of it.. just need a bit more practice for it to come out a little more smoothly.

The next week is going to be crazy - many, many, many late nights are coming up. Going away for the week and concentrating on micro-teaching definitely put me behind, and there's A LOT to do to catch up.

My wiki is coming along. I'm finding myself addicted to it the more I work on it. I want it to look great and be informative, and really reflect that I can do the job right. It's fun getting everything up there and adding appropriate pictures, colors and text.

Well, even though the purpose of our FL trip was because Staples was dedicating a store to my later father-in-law, we did manage to get our daughter into Disney for 5 hours - she asks us every day to go to Cinderella's castle and talk to princesses - SO, of course I have to include photos of that too :)





The last picture is of Kailey with her Aunt Jamie as she came around the corner and saw Cinderella's Castle for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment