Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A B C D, CBC, MSMC... ack!!!


Week of 3/18/10

This week we learned about Aims, Goals and Objectives. This is all new to me and so far a bit confusing. I understand the pieces apart, but not quite as an intergrated whole yet. There's the four key components, then the CBC of MSMC... I'll get it down!

We also discussed Content Analysis - an effecive way of organzing all we need to accomplish four our students. I think this is going to come in extremely useful over the next several weeks as we really get down to the nitty gritty of our unit plans. I really like have a formal way of organizing my thoughts and this is something I'll be able to carry with me for the rest of my life now.

I had a pretty awful day at work right before class, so participation was at an all time low, but I got the concept, and will definitely put it to good use.

Our mid-term WebQuest was also due this week - what a neat midterm! I thought it was
really pretty neat to see how many different quests are out there and how extremely different they are. I like components of both that I researched and definitely saw how I could incorporate those into one of my own. I immediately started thinking of different quests I could send my "students" on for my Civil War UP... Abraham Lincoln's life.. North vs. South.... development of the war through reconstruction... we shall see!

This video I found on YouTube is hilarious - 2 kids trying to help their mom with her project on Content Analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment